This post is from Edison’s Weekly Insights email. Please click here if you would like to subscribe.
Edison Research Friends,
Thank you for a fantastic 2022. We appreciate your support as we continue to conduct research in the U.S. and around the world, and as we discover new things daily through our findings.
Thanks also for spending a few minutes here with us each week to learn about the latest happenings. You can find past Insights emails in our Weekly Insights Archive.
We leave you in 2022 with a recap of our Top 10 Findings, and we wish you good health and happiness in the New Year!
10. Voters who somewhat disapproved of Biden still voted for Democratic House candidates, and opposition to former President Trump played into voter choices
Source: Edison Research Exit Polls
9. The majority of U.S. moms with kids on social media think their kids spend too much time with it. Moms overall think that social media is more harmful than helpful to their children
Source: Moms and Media
8. Americans’ time spent listening to audio through a mobile device has now surpassed the time spent listening through a traditional radio receiver
Source: Share of Ear® in Weekly Insights
7. Voice tech is everywhere
Source: Smart Audio Report from NPR and Edison Research
6. Radios still dominate the in-car listening environment, even with Gen Z
Source: Share of Ear® in Weeky Insights
5. Monthly Podcast Consumption is strong in the U.S. and is consistent across Infinite Dial® countries
Sources: The Infinite Dial US, The Infinite Dial Australia, The Infinite Dial Canada, The Infinite Dial New Zealand, The Infinite Dial UK
4. Women are influential and engaged podcast listeners
Source: The Women’s Podcast Report from Edison Research and SXM Media
3. Latino listeners of Latino-hosted podcasts are more likely to have purchased a product as a result of hearing an advertisement on a podcast
Source: The Latino Podcast Listener Report
2. Gen Z represents the biggest growth for share of spoken word audio listening
Source: The Spoken Word Audio Report from NPR and Edison Research
1.The top ten biggest podcasts reach one-third of all weekly podcast listeners in the U.S.
Sources: Edison Podcast Metrics in Weekly Insights