Recently, we released a research report at CRS2017 that went deep on smartphone users. As a part of that project, we collected a lot of data on the types of apps smartphone users had installed, and what apps and mobile websites they used the most. We had so much great data on social media that we broke it out into this new standalone report, Social Sharing in the Mobile World.
This study of 1571 American smartphone owners 18-54 revealed some key insights about mobile use of social media, including the following:
- 80% of American smartphone owners use social media apps every day
- The average smartphone owner uses 14 types of apps
- 70% of smartphone owners who use social media say they use Facebook every day
- More than six in ten Facebook users say they belong to local Facebook groups or other online local groups
- Nearly a quarter (23%) of Facebook users say they have broadcast a Facebook live video
Also includes new data on messaging apps, selfies, influence and more! Thanks again to our partners at CRS for funding this research.