According to the Infinite Dial 2014, 61% of Americans 12+ now own a smartphone—up from 53% in 2013 and 44% in 2012.
These and other important insights will be revealed on Wednesday, March 5th at 2PM EST, during The Infinite Dial 2014, a free one-hour webinar from Edison Research and Triton Digital. This is the 22nd study in The Infinite Dial series, one of the longest-running research series covering consumer use of media, technology and digital platforms. This landmark study offers an unparalleled view of digital media trends since 1998. The webinar will be co-presented by Edison Research VP of Strategy Tom Webster, and Triton Digital COO Mike Agovino. Other trends to be explored in The Infinite Dial 2014 include:
- * An update on Internet Audio usage, including new data on iTunes Radio, Beats Music, and other services
- * Recent growth in Podcasting
- * The growth in smartphone ownership, and how it has changed consumer behavior
- * Updates on social media usage for services including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and more
- * The connected car, and in-car usage of digital media
How the Survey was Conducted: A total of 2,023 persons were interviewed to investigate Americans’ use of digital platforms and new media. From January 13 to February 12, 2014, telephone interviews were conducted with respondents age 12 and older who were selected via Random Digit Dial (RDD) sampling. The study includes a total of 808 cell phone interviews.