The Podcast Consumer 2018, the latest in Edison’s annual study of the medium, contains all new data on podcast users in America, derived from the Infinite Dial 2018 study (conducted in partnership with Triton Digital), The Smart Audio Report from NPR and Edison, and the latest from Edison’s Share of Ear® research. This report charts the rise of podcasting over the past decade, and also includes new, unreleased information on the following:
- Podcast Consumption
- Device Usage
- Social Media Behaviors
- Smart Speakers and Podcasting
- The updated Share of Ear® for podcasting
Findings of this report include the following:
- Podcasting is growing: monthly listeners grew from 24% of Americans 12+ to 26% year over year.
- Podcast listeners are more likely to own a smart speaker.
- Listening in vehicles is growing.
- Podcasting’s Share of Ear has doubled in four years.
- Podcasts are the number one audio source by time of consumption among podcast listeners
Watch The Podcast Consumer 2018