Thank you for joining us at The Radio Show in Orlando today to see Larry Rosin present Miles Different: In-Car Audio 2018, a look at AM/FM radio in-car and the total in-car audio landscape.
The complete presentation may be downloaded by clicking the link above.
The Top 10 Takeaways from Miles Different: In-Car Audio 2018:
- The car is as important as ever.
- The car is the top location for audio listening.
- Broadcast radio remains the king of in-car audio.
- Consumers have many more options for audio in cars.
- When people have more options they use more options.
- Drivers of the newest cars are…miles different.
- The agent of change is SiriusXM.
- Traffic reports as we know them are doomed.
- Streaming not yet a big factor, but…
- We are just at the dawn of change.
About Edison Research:
Edison Research (http://www.edisonresearch.com) conducts survey research and provides strategic information to a broad array of commercial clients, governments and NGOs, including AMC Theatres, The Brookings Institute, Disney, The Gates Foundation, Google, the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Oracle, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Samsung, Spotify, SiriusXM Radio, and Univision Communications. Edison Research works with many of the largest American radio ownership groups, including Bonneville, Emmis, Entercom, and Radio One. Another specialty for Edison is its work for media companies throughout the world, conducting research in North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of Election Day data to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. Edison conducts more than 100,000 interviews in a single day for this project. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.