Lead Statistician and Data Scientist – Edison Research
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
The Lead Statistician and Data Scientist will oversee statistical applications in Edison’s election system as we prepare for the 2018 and 2020 elections.
- MS or Ph.D. in Statistics or related disciplines
- Expertise in statistical techniques, research design, and data analysis
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R, SAS, Python)
- Strong technical data query and report building capabilities using SQL
- Experience with sample design and survey research
- Familiarity with RBS sampling and voter lists
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Test estimation and variance models
- Select voting precinct samples
- Update and testing of statistical specifications
- Interface with computer developers for statistical models
- Interface between election researchers and developers for maintaining databases
- Develop survey weighting procedures for telephone surveys of early voters
- Oversee research and development of new statistical models for election projection system
- Work closely with programmers and developers to implement new statistical models
- Serve as a key decision team member on Election Days
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.