Election CoordinatorSomerville, NJ
If you’ve watched or read Election Night news coverage, or follow post-election analysis, chances are you’ve already seen the work that Edison Research does.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting vote returns used to project and analyze results for every major Presidential Primary and General Election. Since 2017, we’ve also compiled and tabulated real-time election results across the entire United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, NBC News and Reuters, our distributing partner.
The Election Coordinator role is integral to both election research and election operations. Coordinators will work with both teams throughout the 2024 Election Cycle.
Coordinators will recruit, train and manage a large staff of reporters and interviewers. This staff will survey voters as they conduct exit-polling and/or report vote results on Election Day(s). Election Coordinators may also prepare election night materials, help to manage various databases, and analyze operational performance post-Election Day.
Research responsibilities consist of inquiry on how elections are run at state and local levels. Tasks also include compiling past vote results, learning about election procedures and regulations, verifying data quality and assisting with updating election results after Election Day through certification.
This is a temporary entry-level position, contracted for 12 months, starting in December 2023 and concluding at the end of November 2024. Salary is commensurate with experience, starting at an annualized rate of $45,000.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Collect and confirm election data and details about the voting process in assigned states via phone interviews with county and state government officials
- Collect and compile vote data from past elections using online resources and Edison’s election official contacts
- Recruit Election Day exit poll interviewers and vote reporters
- Train interviewers and reporters
- Supervise and manage interviewers and reporters on Election Day
- Manage and assist operators in call centers on Election Day
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work in office, located in Somerville, NJ, at least three days a week
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during busy election times including Election Nights
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Suite
- Experience with or an interest in pursuing any of following fields:
- Public Policy/Government
- Human Resources
- Survey Research
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Rewarding work, with the ability to contribute to a growing part of Edison’s business
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Office located across the street from NJ Transit Somerville Station
- Within short walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street
- Fun workday outings – company walks to town, Bagel Thursdays, monthly Lunch Bunch, Ice Cream Socials, Podcast Club etc.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to Senior Director of Research, Drew Mlotkiewicz at email@example.com.