This survey of over 13,000 Country radio listeners was conducted in February, 2009 and presented in Nashville at the Country Radio Seminar on March 6, 2009. Respondents were interviewed from the databases of eighteen Country radio stations throughout the United States and surveyed on topics ranging from trends in music, the economy, social networking and technology. The survey was sponsored by Country Radio Broadcasters (http://www.crb.org) and is the fourth iteration of this series.
Amongst the principal findings were the following:
* Over three-quarters of respondents indicated they were listening ‘more’ to Country music on the radio than they were one year ago
* Sixty-two percent of respondents maintain a profile on at least one social networking website, with 42% having profiles on Facebook
* One in five respondents noted that someone in their household had lost a job in the last six months
* Eighty-four percent agreed with the statement, “Country makes a positive contribution to American life”
* Over 20% of the respondents were interested in listening to Country radio on mobile devices
The complete presentation can be downloaded here:
The 2009 Edison / CRB National Country Research Survey.