Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
Election Coordinators will support the research and operations teams during the 2018 election cycle. Individuals will be assigned states for which they will be responsible for all research and recruiting.
Research responsibilities include compiling vote histories and other data, as well as learning about election procedures and regulations. In addition, coordinators will recruit, train and manage a large staff of reporters and interviewers who will report on the vote results and survey voters as they exit polling places on Election Day.
– Through phone interviews with county and state government officials, individuals will collect election data and information about the voting process in their assigned states
– Recruit and manage Election Day workers
– Training of reporters and interviewers
– Supervise and manage reporters and interviewers on Election Day
– Assist in special election projects as needed
– Bachelor’s degree
– Interest in politics and media
– Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment
– Flexibility to work evenings and some weekends during busy election times
– Willingness to travel
– Attention to detail and self-motivation is a must
– Excellent oral communication skills
– Organizational and time management skills
– Strong computer skills, which must include experience with Word and Excel
This is a temporary entry-level position, with some positions starting in January, some in March and some in June. Position runs through November 2018. Salary is at an annualized rate of $40,000.
About Edison Research:
Since its founding in 1994, Edison Research has conducted over 13,000 research assignments in 50 countries. Edison works with a broad array of commercial clients, governments and NGOs, including ADT, AccentHealth, American Public Media, AMC Theatres, The Brookings Institute, Disney, The Gates Foundation, Google, the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Oracle, The National Center for Disaster Preparedness, NPR, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Samsung, Siemens, SiriusXM Radio, Spotify, and Triton Digital.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of Election Day polling to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
” Collaborative team atmosphere
” Challenging work, with the ability to contribute to many areas of the business
” Chance to be part of a growing segment of Edison’s business
Send resume and cover letter to Vice President, Melissa Kiesche, at email@example.com.