Edison Research is pleased to announce the introduction of the Podcast Consumer Quarterly Tracking Report, a first-of-its-kind research product designed to serve the ongoing needs of leading podcast networks, agencies, and consultancies. Edison has served the podcast industry for over 14 years through our continual coverage of the medium in the Infinite Dial and our Share of Ear research, and we believe the time is right to provide a bespoke service to the growing podcast industry to provide Edison’s renowned measurement and analysis expertise to aid in the continued market development of the podcasting space.
The Podcast Consumer Quarterly Tracking Report will provide members with a reliable and regular checkup on the podcast audience, what they are listening to, and the relative reach and awareness of the leading podcast networks. Each quarterly report will also track demographics, content preferences, listening behaviors (including clients and platforms) and other custom measures determined in consultation with all charter members.
Edison (and our partners at Triton) will continue their annual tradition of providing basic podcast consumption metrics and demographics in our annual Infinite Dial releases. However, the previous Podcast Consumer report will now be subsumed into this new quarterly tracking product.
Other specifications include the following:
- Each quarterly sample will comprise 2,000 respondents, ages 18+, who listen to podcasts at least monthly
- Editorial input to add up to two custom questions per quarter
- Complete audience demographics and profiles for your podcast network at least twice per year, depending upon sample response and reach
- Complete audience demographics and profiles for competitive podcast networks, whether or not they participate as members, depending upon sample response and reach
- Addition of up to three specific, strategic podcasts for audience metrics per quarter
- Tracking and all historical data access for active charter members
- Publication permitted upon specific approval
All data will be accessible and available for custom queries via an easy-to-use online dashboard (license included). Dataset will also include, but not be limited to, the following fields:
|Children in household||Podcast listening|
|Clients and platforms||Location(s) of listening|
|Content preferences by topic||Device(s) used for listening|
|Subscription behaviors (streaming & podcasting services)||Changing News podcast habits|
|Awareness, Trial, and Usage of leading podcast networks||Awareness and efficacy of various forms of podcast advertising|
|Behaviors driven by podcast advertisements/sponsorships||Direct donation/support of podcasts|
Other topics will be included and/or rotated as warranted. A public “ranker” of podcast networks will not be released and each client’s custom questions will remain private to that network.
Membership in the Podcast Consumer Quarterly Tracking Study, including all reporting, data reporting dashboard, editorial input, and training costs $10,000 per quarter, with a four-quarter minimum. Should additional custom questions beyond the two-per-quarter allocation be desired, these are purchasable for an additional $2,000 each per quarter. For more information, contact Tom Webster, at email@example.com or 908-707-4707.