We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Political Research Manager
See below for more details about this position, including how to apply.
*Please note: Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted*
Political Research Manager
*Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted*
Edison Research, a dynamic public opinion and market research company is looking for Political Research Manager to join its staff and work out of its Somerville, NJ offices.
Edison Research conducts exit polls and collects vote returns to project and analyze election results for the National Election Pool, comprised of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
The Political Research Manager will oversee key areas of our research effort as we prepare for the 2020 primaries and general election. Responsibilities include compiling and organizing election-related data from disparate sources, creating and maintaining relationships with state and party officials, contacting state and local elections offices, and delivering election related reports.
Responsibilities of a Political Research Manager:
- Compile state and county-level research on election-related topics including ballot initiatives, current and past race candidates, upcoming federal, state, and local elections, absentee and early voter information, registration data, and election laws
- Serve as the key contact to all state and some county election officials
- Review election research data and provide quality assurance on reports prepared by election researchers
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of research reports delivered to National Election Pool members
- Prepare Edison data system for election day exit polls and vote collection
- Coordinate gathering and testing of all Election Night data feeds
- Provide written analysis on past electoral history in each state
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifications of a Political Research Manager:
- 2+ years of experience and/or MA in relevant field
- Strong knowledge of U.S. politics and elections
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on what is most important
- Proficient in Excel, Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
To apply, click here. Note: Use the preceding link ONLY. No phone calls, contact form submissions, or emails will be considered.
Some of the benefits of this position at Edison Research
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Challenging work, with the ability to contribute to many areas of the business
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k
- Within walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street — named one of NJ’s best downtown areas
- We do incorporate some fun into our workdays — company walks to town, Bagel Fridays, monthly Lunch Bunch, Ice Cream Socials, Podcast Club etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Required)