We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Election Project Coordinator (Entry-level)
*Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted*
Election Coordinators will support the research and operations teams during the 2020 election cycle. You will be assigned states for which you will be responsible for all research and recruiting. Research responsibilities include compiling vote histories and other data, as well as learning about election procedures and regulations. In addition, you will recruit, train and lead a large staff of reporters and interviewers who will report on the vote results and survey voters as they exit polling places on Election Day.
Responsibilities of an Election Project Coordinator:
- Through phone interviews with county and state government officials, you will collect and summarize election data and information about the voting process in your assigned states
- Review election data for accuracy and compile into research database
- Recruit and lead Election Day workers, acting as their point-of-contact throughout the process
- Training of reporters and interviewers, via online training system and telephone
- Help to monitor exit poll survey and vote data entry on Election Night
- Stay in communication with your hired team on Election Day
- Assist in special election projects as needed, which may include written analysis on past electoral history in each state or compilation of state and county-level research on election-related topics including ballot initiatives, current and past race candidates, absentee and early voter information, and election laws
Qualifications of an Election Project Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in politics and media, particularly the upcoming presidential primaries
- At ease contacting state, local and party officials via phone and email to acquire election information
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment
- Flexibility with the ability to work evenings and some weekends during busy election times
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel to our data collection centers for training and Election Days
This is a temporary entry-level position. Salary is at an annualized rate of $40,000, plus benefits. Position runs 15 months — starting in August 2019 and running through November 2020.
To apply, click here. Note: Use the preceding link ONLY. No phone calls, contact form submissions, or emails will be considered.
About Edison Research:
Edison Research conducts survey research and provide strategic information to a broad array of commercial clients, governments and NGOs, including AMC Theatres, The Brookings Institute, Disney, The Gates Foundation, Google, the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Oracle, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Samsung, Spotify, SiriusXM Radio, and Univision Communications. We work with many of the largest American radio ownership groups, including Bonneville, Emmis, Entercom, and Radio One. Another specialty for us is our work for media companies throughout the world, conducting research in North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Since 2004, we have been the sole provider of Election Day data to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. We conduct more than 100,000 interviews in a single day for this project. For the 2020 U.S. elections, we will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Chance to be part of a growing segment of Edison’s business
- Within walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street — named one of NJ’s best downtown areas
- We try to have a little fun — company walks to town, Bagel Friday, monthly Lunch Bunch, Podcast Club etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Required)