We are currently recruiting for several Election Coordinator positions.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
Election Coordinators will recruit, train and manage a large staff of reporters and interviewers who will report the vote results and survey voters as they exit polling places on Election Day.
- Recruit, hire and manage Election Day workers
- Train reporters and interviewers for their Election Day duties
- Supervise and manage reporters and interviewers on Election Day
- Help the research team to collect election data and information through phone interviews with county government officials
- Assist in special election projects as needed
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment
- Attention to detail and self-motivation is a must
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, which must include experience with Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work evenings and some weekends during busy election times
- Willingness to travel during busy election times
- Interest in politics and media is a plus
This is a temporary entry-level position, starting in January 2020. Position runs through November 2020. Salary is at an annualized rate of $40,000.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Access to medical and dental benefits
- Within walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street — named one of NJ’s best downtown areas
- We do incorporate some fun into our workdays — company walks to town, Bagel Fridays, monthly Lunch Bunch, Ice Cream Socials, Podcast Club, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send resume and cover letter to VP, Mary Meyn at email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.