Edison Research is now hiring for the following position(s):
If you ever watch or read Election Night news coverage, or follow post-election analysis, chances are that you’ve already seen the work that Edison Research does.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2022 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
The Election Coordinator role is part of the election research and operations teams. Election Coordinators are assigned states for which they will be responsible for conducting research on how elections are run.
Research responsibilities include compiling vote histories and other data, as well as learning about election procedures and regulations. In addition, coordinators will recruit, train and manage a large staff of reporters and interviewers who will report on the vote results and survey voters as they exit polling places on Election Day.
– Collect election data and information about the voting process in assigned states via phone interviews with county and state government officials and online means of communication
– Collect and compile vote data from past elections using online resources as well as contacting election officials who can provide information via phone and email
– Confirm polling locations and details about each specific location across the country
– Contribute to developing new methodologies in exit polling and data collection
– Recruit and manage Election Day workers
– Training of reporters and interviewers
– Supervise and manage reporters and interviewers on Election Day
– Manage and assist operators in call centers on Election Day
– Assist in special election projects as needed
– Bachelor’s degree
– Interest in politics and media
– Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment and manage multiple projects at once
– Flexibility to work evenings and some weekends during busy election times
– Flexibility to work long days on Election Days
– Attention to detail and self-motivation is a must
– Excellent oral communication skills
– Organizational and time management skills
– Strong computer skills, which must include experience with Word and Excel
– Experience with Google Maps is a plus
– Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date
This is a temporary entry-level position, with some positions starting in February and some in May. Position runs through December 2022. Salary is at an annualized rate of $45,000.
New Election Coordinators will work in Somerville at least four days a week throughout the initial 6-8 week training process. After training is complete, with permission from their manager, Coordinators may move to 2-3 days a week in the office for the duration of their contract. Additional days in the office may be required in the six weeks leading up to Election Day.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Challenging work, with the ability to contribute to a growing part of Edison’s business
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k
- Within walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street — named one of NJ’s best downtown areas
- We do incorporate some fun into our workdays — company walks to town, Bagel Fridays, monthly Lunch Bunch, Ice Cream Socials, Podcast Club etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to Manager of Research, Gina Danielsen, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Edison Research:
Edison Research conducts survey research and provides strategic information to a broad array of commercial clients, governments and NGOs, including AMC Theatres, The Brookings Institute, Disney, The Gates Foundation, Google, the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Oracle, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Samsung, Spotify, SiriusXM Radio, and Univision Communications. Edison Research works with many of the largest American radio ownership groups, including Bonneville, Emmis, Entercom, and Radio One. Another specialty for Edison is its work for media companies throughout the world, conducting research in North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of Election Day data to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. Edison conducts more than 100,000 interviews in a single day for this project.