Current career opportunities at Edison Research are listed below
Survey Research Data Analyst
Posted July 19, 2021
Overview: This position will focus on the management, tabulation and analysis of survey data. Projects will include music research, consumer, and public opinions surveys. The Data Analyst will also program and oversee online surveys. During the election season, the Data Analyst will assist with Edison’s national exit polling project.
- Managing projects, including questionnaire development, online survey programming, field management, and tabulating data using statistical software
- Take a leading role in managing work on one of Edison’s flagship products, Share of Ear®
- Interacting with both external clients and internal project managers to meet goals and deadlines
- Working on and before Election Day to quality check exit poll data to ensure accuracy and quickly process data for external clients
- Bachelor’s Degree; Math, Statistics, Survey Research or other relevant majors preferred
- Interest in market and survey research
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines in a quick-paced, time sensitive environment
- Devoted to consistency and follow-through in all areas
- Strong computer skills are essential; experience with SPSS, R, Qualtrics, or Tableau preferred
While fully remote candidates will be considered for this position, the ideal candidate will live within commuting distance to Somerville NJ. Once Edison officially returns to the office (post-Labor Day is the goal), employees will have the opportunity to move to a hybrid schedule – part-time in Somerville and part-time at home.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Resumes WITHOUT cover letters will NOT be considered.
About Edison Research: Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of Election Day data to the National Election Pool, consisting of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News. The NEP provides its members and other media organizations with exit polls and real-time vote results in all 50 states. Subscribers include Reuters, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Facebook, Instagram and the BBC.
Edison also works with a broad array of commercial clients, governments, and NGOs, including AMC Theatres, Amazon, Apple, ESPN, Google, Voice of America, Oracle, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Spotify, SiriusXM, and UnidosUS. Edison’s ongoing survey of economic anxiety in America is conducted in conjunction with American Public Media’s renowned Marketplace program. Our national tracking study The Infinite Dial is now in its 24th year in the United States and is also conducted in Australia, Canada, South Africa, and the UK.
The syndicated Share of Ear® is an audio listening diary survey that measures all audio listening during a 24-hour period, and is one of the most widely-cited studies in the audio space. Edison is the leading podcast research company in the world and has conducted research for NPR, Slate, ESPN, PodcastOne, WNYC Studios, and many more companies in the podcasting space.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Challenging work, with the ability to contribute to a growing part of Edison’s business
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k
- Within walking distance to Somerville’s lively Main Street — named one of NJ’s best downtown areas
- We do incorporate some fun into our workdays — company walks to town, Bagel Fridays, monthly Lunch Bunch, Ice Cream Socials, Podcast Club etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email resume and cover letter to SVP, Melissa Kiesche at email@example.com.