Lead Statistician and Data Scientist – Edison Research
Since 2004, Edison Research has been the sole provider of exit poll information to the National Election Pool, conducting exit polls and collecting precinct vote returns to project and analyze results for every major presidential primary and general election. For the 2018 and 2020 U.S. elections, Edison will provide exit polls and will tabulate the national vote across every county in the United States for ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News.
The Lead Statistician and Data Scientist will oversee statistical applications in Edison’s election system as we prepare for the 2018 and 2020 elections.
- MS or Ph.D. in Statistics or related disciplines
- Expertise in statistical techniques, research design, and data analysis
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R, SAS, Python)
- Strong technical data query and report building capabilities using SQL
- Experience with sample design and survey research
- Familiarity with RBS sampling and voter lists
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge or experience in U.S. politics
- Test estimation and variance models
- Select voting precinct samples
- Update and testing of statistical specifications
- Interface with computer developers for statistical models
- Interface between election researchers and developers for maintaining databases
- Develop survey weighting procedures for telephone surveys of early voters
- Oversee research and development of new statistical models for election projection system
- Work closely with programmers and developers to implement new statistical models
- Serve as a key decision team member on Election Days
This position is full-time and will primarily work in the Somerville, NJ offices of Edison Research.
About Edison Research:
Since its founding in 1994, Edison Research has conducted over 11,000 research assignments in 50 countries. Edison works with a broad array of commercial clients, governments and NGOs, including ADT, AccentHealth, American Public Media, AMC Theatres, The Brookings Institute, Disney, The Gates Foundation, Google, the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Oracle, The National Center for Disaster Preparedness, NPR, Pandora, The Pew Research Center, Samsung, Siemens, SiriusXM Radio, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and Triton Digital.
Some of the benefits of working at Edison Research:
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Challenging work, with the ability to experiment with new methodologies
- Chance to be part of a growing segment of Edison’s business
- Strong benefits package including medical and 401k
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.