Edison Media Research has announced the honorees of the second annual “30 Under 30″–its nationwide search for 30 promising talents under 30 years of age in the radio industry. The 30 Under 30 will be honored at “Conclave 2008: At The Crossroads” to be held June 26-29 in Minneapolis.
Edison’s 30 Under 30 was started in 2007 as an effort to both celebrate the accomplishments of young broadcasters and to help the industry attract and retain talented young professionals. The Somerville, N.J.-based research company received hundreds of nominations for this year’s slate of honorees.
1. Tazz “Daddy” Anderson: Executive Producer, Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Syndication One
2. Daniel Anstandig: President, McVay New Media
3. Rob Anthony: Program Director/Operations Manager, WMAS, Springfield, Mass.
4. Jim Bezak: Director of Support and Training/Internet Services, Saga Communications
5. Ian Bush: Reporter/Anchor/Editor, KYW, Philadelphia
6. Charlamagne: Co Host, Wendy Williams Experience, WBLS, New York
7. Justin Chase: Program Director, KMXB/KKJJ, Las Vegas
8. Tommy Chuck: Program Director, WFLZ Tampa, Fla./Gulf Coast Regional Director of Interactive Services
9. Ryan Dokke: Assistant Program Director/Music Director/Night Personality, WKKT, Charlotte, N.C
10. Meg Dowdy: Program/Promotions Director, WCLU, Glasgow, Ky.
11. Blake Florence: Assistant Program Director/Music Director, KTWV, Los Angeles
12. Sarah Harris: Director, Community Outreach, Emmis Communications, Indianapolis
13. Scott Herrold: Program Director, SOS Radio Network, Las Vegas
14. James “Doubledown” Howard: Program Director, WXTB, Tampa, Fla./ KYRK, New Orleans / WTZB Sarasota, Fla.
15. Talya Johnson: Music Director / Internship Coordinator, WPGC, Washington, D.C.
16. Jake Kaplan: Imaging/Creative Services KCBS/KROQ, Los Angeles
17. Carly Laskey: Director of Marketing & Promotions, Clear Channel Raleigh, N.C.
18. Marisa Magnatta: Associate Producer, The Preston and Steve Show, WMMR, Philadelphia
19. Kyle McCoy: Corporate Webmaster/Operations Manager, New Northwest Broadcasters, Billings, Mont.
20. Rich McLaughlin: Content Director, WFUV, New York
21. Amy Miller: Program Director, WTYD/WBQK, Williamsburg, Va.
22. Courtney Quinn: Program Director/Music Director/Middays, WLZX, Springfield, Mass.
23. Sisanie Reategui: Midday personality, KIIS Los Angeles
24. Justin Riley: Program Director, KKOB/KMGA, Albuquerque, N.M.
25. Alex Roman: Director of Engineering, WABC/WPLJ, New York
26. Travis “TreDay” Rowan: Assistant Program Director/Afternoon Drive Host, KIPR, Little Rock, Ark.
27. Thomas “Chase” Rupe: Operations Manager, Emmis Austin, Texas
28. David Snoble: Online Program Director, Clear Channel Communications, Chicago
29. Chris Thomas: Program Director/Middays, WLVQ, Columbus, Ohio
30. Joshua Wilkey: Founder and Chairman, WilkeySouth Media Brokers/ President, Countrywide Broadcasters
Special thanks to Cyndee Maxwell and her team at Radio and Records for helping us reach out through their wide readership to attract as many quality nominees as possible.
All winners will receive free tuition to this year’s Conclave to be held on June 26th in Minneapolis. They will be honored at a special luncheon on Saturday, June 28th where each winner will be awarded. The 30 will also be profiled online at www.30under30.net.