Edison Media Research presented their awards to the 30 most promising young talents in Radio at the Conclave 007: Radio Under Construction. The luncheon held to honor these radio professionals took place on Saturday June 30th in Minneapolis. Bob Eubanks addressed the audience with entertaining clips from his hit show, “The Newlywed Game.” Edison President and Co-Founder, Larry Rosin, spoke about how important these young talents are to the radio industry. He encouraged them to continue on in their achievements and contributions to radio.
Larry also announced that this was going to be the first of an annual 30 Under 30 Talent Search. A new search for Edison’s next 30 Under 30 will take place at the end of this year and will be celebrated at the 2008 Learning Conference in Minneapolis during the weekend of June 26-28th at the Marriott City Center, Minneapolis.
Congratulations again to Daniel Anstandig, Michael Bryan, Buck Head, Chase, Tommy Chuck, Matt DuBiel, Jon Daniels, Spero Dedes, Fisher, Rob Garcia, Scott Herrold, Jeremiah ‘J.’ Hicks, Matt Johnson, Kane, J Kruz, James Kurdziel, Bo Matthews, Dustin Matthews, Maynard, Jared Mims, Drew Murrell, Chris Oliviero, Chris Pickett, Jana Rogers, Romeo, Nadine Santos, Brad Savage, Patrick ‘Nick’ Thomas, Adam Uytman and Ryan Zimmerman.
Edison Media Research “Announces 30 Under 30″
Top young radio professionals to receive award at Conclave 007!
Edison Media Research announced today the “30 Under 30″ — the culmination of a six month search for 30 talents ages 30 and younger in broadcasting. The research company based in Somerville, NJ, conducted a nationwide search and received hundreds of nominations.
The top 30 will be profiled online starting June 1 at www.edisonresearch.com. All finalists have also been invited to participate in a special program at the 32nd Annual Conclave Learning Conference, Conclave 007: Radio Under Construction, to be held on June 28 in Minneapolis at the Marriott City Center Hotel. Events include a special luncheon, awards ceremony and a series of sessions for Conclave participants to interact with–and learn from– these 30 young stars of broadcasting. All winners will receive free tuition to this year’s Conclave, and will also receive a special award from Edison.
We are thrilled to present the list of the most gifted 30 Radio Professionals under 30 Years Old:
- Daniel Anstandig: Vice President/Consultant, McVay Media
- Michael Bryan: Program Director, WXXL, Orlando/WBVD, Melbourne, Florida
- Buck Head: Morning Show Host, KKRZ, Portland, Oregon
- Chase: Operations Manager, Emmis-Austin/Program Director KDHT, Austin, Texas
- Tommy Chuck: Program Director, WFLZ Tampa, Florida and OM Clear Channel Format Lab CHR Channels
- Matt Dubiel: Program Director Nine-FM Chicago, Illinois
- Jon Daniels: Program Director / Afternoons, WMJC, Long Island, New York
- Spero Dedes: Play-by-Play Announcer, Los Angeles Lakers
- Fisher: Program Director, WMXB, Richmond, Virginia
- Rob Garcia: Program Director/Afternoons, WZBZ, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Scott Herrold: Program Director /Music Director, KCXR, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Jeremiah ‘J.’ Hicks: Assistant Program Director/Music Director, WQHH, Lansing, Michigan
- Matt Johnson: Program Director/Afternoons, WXKB, Fort Myers, Florida
- Kane: Mornings, WITH, Washington D.C.
- J Kruz: Program Director / Mornings, X107.1, Cayman Islands
- James Kurdziel: Program Director, WEDG, Buffalo, New York
- Bo Matthews: Program Director, WMMS/WAKS, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dustin Matthews: Program Director, WFXH Savannah, Georgia
- Maynard: Program Director/Mid-days, KQMV, Seattle, Washington
- Jared Mims: Program Director, WZZP/WKFN, Clarksville, Tennessee
- Drew Murrell: Host, Nick and Drew, KTUX, Shreveport, Louisiana and Executive Producer, Envision Murphy, Sam and Jodi morning show.
- Chris Oliviero: Vice President of Programming, CBS Radio
- Chris Pickett: Operations Manager, KVUU/KKLI, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Jana Rogers: Managing Partner, WMOM, Ludington, Michigan
- Romeo: Music Director/Nights, WHTZ, New York
- Nadine Santos: Music Director. WWPR, New York
- Brad Savage: Program Director, WCNR, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Patrick ‘Nick’ Thomas: Executive Producer, Premiere Radio Networks “Big D and Bubba Radio Show” and Host, Nick and Drew, KTUX, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Adam Uytman: Programme Director, XFM, London
- Ryan Zimmerman: Program Director, CFBR, Edmonton, Alberta
“Edison is delighted to help support talent development in the radio industry,” said Edison Media Research Vice President, Tom Webster. “These 30 individuals, and the hundreds of other highly qualified nominations we received, show that radio is indeed in good hands as we embrace what lies ahead for the industry. We are grateful to The Conclave for helping us support the future of radio.”
The 2007 Learning Conference will be held at the Marriott City Center Hotel in Minneapolis, beginning Thursday June 28 and concluding on Sunday morning July 1 — over three days of learning, problem solving, networking and fun! The tuition rate is only $299 –still the lowest price of ANY industry conference –through Thursday, May 31!
Or take advantage of the special construction group rates of $550 for two, $750 for three and $900 for five — which represent great bargains for the nation’s premiere Radio Learning Conference. Get your work crew together now and have even more money to spend in Minneapolis.
All registrants are eligible for special discounted sleeping room rates at the host hotel, Marriott City Center. Rooms that normally list for $209 or more are available for $123 per night (single/double plus tax) until the inventory is gone. That means a Conclave attendee can save over $250 in hotel costs over the three-day Conference weekend! But rooms can only be secured by registering for the 32nd Annual Learning Conference — when these rooms are gone, they’re gone! So, register today!
For the complete 2007 Conclave Learning Conference schedule, please visit http://www.theconclave.com/conclaveagenda.asp.
Proud partners of the 2007 Conclave: Platinum Partner – Radio and Records. Partners – Arbitron, AudioXChange/BitXChange, BMI, Brown College, Edison Media Research, Envision Radio Networks, Jones Radio Networks, Lincoln Financial Media, McNally-Smith College of Music, McVay Media, Media Span, Megatrax, MusicMaster, Nielsen Entertainment/BDS Radio, Premiere Radio Networks, PromoSuite, RCS, Troy Research and Specs Howard School for Communication Arts.
For over 32 years, the Conclave has been educating the industry in the ways and means to best serve in the public interest. The Conclave is the only radio multi-formatic organization recognized as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit group by the government of the United States.
Edison Media Research conducts survey research and provides strategic information to radio stations, television stations, newspapers, cable networks, record labels, Internet companies and other media organizations. For further information visit www.edisonresearch.com
Tom Kay/ General information 952-927-4487/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Hintz/ Media information 440-840-3702/ email@example.com
Alicia Buhse/ Edison Media Research 908-707-4707/ firstname.lastname@example.org